The is wear I will be posting all my writing I do at school. We are just getting started with are writing and there will be many good pieces of writing coming.

This is my first school essay.

Mr. Whites Mistakes

Mr. White plays a big role in the story “The Monkey’s Paw” by W.W. Jacobs. He will have to make choices that will affect the whole story. Theseough his choices reflects his true character. In the story, a family lives on the outskirts of town and a friend retired from the army comes to visit. He tells them of his adventures and about a magical item which gets the family intrigued. Mr. White reveals who he really is through his choice to take the monkey’s paw from his friend who advised him against it.

At the start of the story, Mr. White is being greedy which results in him making a bad decision that affects the story. Mr. White wants the tTo get the Monkey’s Paw. In the story it says, “If you don’t want it, Morris,” said the old man, “give it to me.”(Jacobs 41). This shows that Mr. White wants to have the Monkey’s paw to wish on even though he has been warned against it. Mr. White is being greedy here which has a huge impact on the story as it progresses.

Mr. White has to  making other decisions that shows he is starting to learn from his mistakes but is still messing up and changing the outcome of the story. In the middle of the story, Mr. White’s wife wants to bring back their son. Mr. White knows it is a bad idea but does it anyway. In the story it says, “Wish! She cried in a strong voice.”

“It is foolish and wicked. He faltered.”

“Wish! She repeated.” He raised his hand,

“I wish my son alive again.”(Jacobs 122-125) This proves that Mr. White is revealing that he knows it’s a bad idea to keep using the monkey’s paw but is still using it because his wife is convincing him. Mr. White has started to realize the bad things about the monkey’s paw but the choices will still affect the ending of the story.

In the end Mr. White is fully aware of the consequences of his actions that have affected the story. By the end he is aware of his mistakes and triers to fix them to turn the ending of the story into a better outcome. The text states, “He heard the crreaking of the bol as it came slowly back, and at the same moment he found the monkey’s paw, and frantically breathed his last wish.”(140) This evidence shows that he is trying to make up for his mistakes. He manages to set some things straight at the end by using his wish in a smart way. Mr. White has learned from his past and did the right thing.

In the story “The Monkey’s Paw”, Mr. White went through a lot. He reveals a lot about his character by the decisions he makes that affect the outcome of the story. At the start, he was being greedy by wanting the monkey’s paw. As the story progressed, he learned that he should listen to his friend Sergeant Morris and not use it. At the end, he knows it’s bad and uses his final wish to try and fix his mistakes. Mr. White as a character learns a lot. He starts off a little greedy but as the story goes he becomes more wise which helps the outcome of the story not be as tragic.